Q. How long is the Buddh International circuit?
- The circuit is 5.14km long. Designed as one of the fastest motor racing circuits in the world, the track features elements like changes in elevation and banked corners, aimed at making racing on this circuit more exciting.
Q. Who designed the BIC?
- The circuit has been designed by world renowned German architect Hermann Tilke, who has earlier designed world-class racing circuits in Malaysia, Bahrain, China, Turkey, Indonesia, the UAE, South Africa, South Korea and the US.
Q. Why is it important to bring F1TM in India?
- F1TM has become increasingly popular in India in recent years and hosting a sport like Formula 1 in the country would boost global awareness of India as a country that’s moving ahead at a rapid pace. It will also, we hope, provide a significant fillip to the Indian economy in terms of promoting businesses in various direct and indirect ways.
Q. When and from where can I buy tickets for the first Indian Formula 1 race?
- Tickets for the inaugural Indian F1TM race will be available for sale shortly. You may purchase these online, from this website, or look at the Purchase Tickets section for a list of other places where the tickets will also be available for sale.
Q. Apart from F1TM, will the Buddh International circuit also host other motorsports events?
- Yes, we are in talks with the organizers of various top-level motorsports events across the world, and we expect to host many racing events – for cars and motorcycles – on the track from 2012 onwards.